Monday, November 26, 2012

Xocolatl Artisan Chocolates - Kew East- review



“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.” 

― Charles M. Schulz


I could inhale and consume mountains of glorious chocolate every single day and never get sick of it. NEVER. Because of my addiction I have tried every type of artisan chocolate shop out there, but it was a little store on Maling Road that finally ended my search.
I don't know what has taken me so long to write this post as Xocolatl as been my favourite chocolate shop for YEARS. It is rather rude of me not to have shared my treasure. Please forgive me.

Every month, my three beautiful best friends and I would meet there rain, hail or in blistering heat to order some hot chocolates and a few small pieces (they ordered a few, I would order an entire box, naturally).

Not only did I find my favourite individual chocolates, I also found my favourite hot chocolate - luscious, THICK, and flavoured with exotic rose and heady spices - heaven I tell you!!!

Ever since my hubby relocated his business to High St Kew East, their Kew store has since become my local haunt; I go every week to get myself a box of nine (and that's showing restraint) lovingly crafted chocolates. I have sampled every single flavour they have, but to keep it short, I shall inform you of the ones I would buy over and over again - my most beloved.




I must start with my personal number 1 - the Rose Caramel (pictured above right in the middle).

the following below are also extremely delicious - you have been warned.


  • Popcorn caramel
  • Rose, lychee and strawberry
  • Apricot Gianduja
  • Tendre Praline
  • Cardamom
  • Lavender
  • Cinnamon
  • Salted caramel
  • Coconut
  • Creme Brulee
  • Sesame
  • Lime

They change flavours regularly and have such a diverse variety,from the more common raspberry truffle or praline to the most unusual such as:
  • Goat cheese and peach
  • Elvis (peanut butter and banana, another flavour much favoured by me).
  • Basil and champagne
  • Smoked olive oil
  • Strawberry Shortbread
  • the list goes on!
Do yourself a favour and head down to their Canterbury or Kew East shop and taste heaven in a morsel.
They have their Christmas editions currently in stock with everything from Christmas Tree printed chocolates to large Santas and even Babushkas!

Xocolatl Artisan Chocolates and Cafe on Urbanspoon


No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments however spam, abusive or personal attacks will be not be published. Please keep in mind that this blog is just the personal opinions and tastes of people paying for their own supper, it is by no means meant to be a professional review.