Monday, August 30, 2010

Amorino - France - Paris - Review

Name: Amorino
 
Address: 42 rue Cler
75007 Paris

Tel : 06 16 17 36 45


Food: Italian, Sweets
Average price: $5Euro+.They charge by the size of the cup or cone, not by the number of flavours.

Complimentary: Tap water.
 
We ordered:

L'Inimitabile, Frutto del la Passione 


If you like creamy icecream, even those that are fruit flavoured, then you will love these. The chocolate was luscious but not super rich, it had a wonderful creamy texture and wasn't too sweet. The passionfruit had a great amount of tang and tasted fairly genuine in flavour. I should note that they are known for their cones, which when filled with icecream are sculpted to look like an edible rose.

Mango, Lampone, Cioccolato amorino


R loved them all, I personally found his chocolate not chocolate-y enough for me and a little too creamy. The mango was also super creamy and too sweet for me but the raspberry was nicely tart.

Cost: $10Euro for two cups.


Service: Takeaway - quick and to the point.


Atmosphere: Relaxed streetside. The decor was shades of chocolate with a small interior dominated by the glass ice cream case and some tables outside.


Parking: Forget about it. Parking in France is a nightmare (and sometimes laughable at how ridiculous it is, we saw an instance where are car was so pinned in, both cars next to it were touching its bumpers). Do yourself a favour and take the Metro (trains every 3mins) or a bus.

Website:  http://www.amorino.com/fr/


Hours: Daily from 12pm - midnight


Would I return: Yes - if I happen to be walking past and craving an ice cream.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how i heart Rue Cler :)

    My friend is in Paris right now, and I have sent her the link to your blog. I'm sure she will find it very useful. What a lovely trip you had.

    I feel a physical need in my bones to get back there asap!

    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments however spam, abusive or personal attacks will be not be published. Please keep in mind that this blog is just the personal opinions and tastes of people paying for their own supper, it is by no means meant to be a professional review.